Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Crafts and Me Stamps Challenge: Pearls and Lace

The Dynamite Digi design team over at the Crafts and Me Stamps' challenge blog wants to see your projects using Pearls and Lace.  Crafty Ribbons is sponsoring this challenge and offering a luscious bag of vintage ribbons to a randomly selected entry.  You can find out more about this challenge and sponsor here.

I've used a newly released digi image named Spring, designed by Sara Burrier, exclusively for Crafts and Me Stamps.

This image is a good example for practicing the technique of coloring through layers.  The stamp artist clearly indicates that the flowing top layer of this fairy's dress is transparent by adding broken lines of the background image through the left side of her gown.  When filling this image, it's best to work on the object we see first or which is closer to us so the flowing top layer of the fairy's dress needs to be colored first.  If it's transparent then use a thin line of Copic color to outline just the inside edges of the top layer then soften that Copic outline with the colorless blender.  When it's dry, then you can add a lighter, faded shade of the background color only to those areas of the top layer where there is not already color in place.  Part of the background is just the fairy's under gown while the other part is the background of the whole image.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image . . .






I've layered Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue "foo on film" with Bazzill cardstock.  Letterpress Oval die cuts helped me shape my image using the beyond-the-edge technique.  I've added a border of Hero Arts self-adhesive cream lace and Zva self-adhesive swirls of pearls.  A Nicole ribbon adds a small bow in the lower corner.  Here's a closer view of my completed card front showing how I've used the Spring digital image, by Sara Burrier . . .






I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Emma's "Anything Goes" (here)
Paper Sundaes "Things with Wings" (here)
Bunny Zoe's "Anything Goes" (here)
Truly Scrumptious "Anything Goes" (here)
Chrissy Armstrong's Monthly Challenge "Things with Wings" (here)
Ooh La La "Ribbon and/or Twine" (here)
Oldie but Goodie "Things with Wings"  (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair - E31, E35, E47
leaves - G82, G85, G99
under gown - R0000, R00, R02
sheer layer - E50, 0
wings - R0000, R00, R02, Y00, Y04, Y08, E50, E51, E53
dress - Y00, Y04, Y08
airbrushed background - E53, E35, YG61, G82, G99
Opaque White at necklace, bracelet and dress beads




"Artist's Choice" June 1, 2012 Sundays With Crissy


I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

9 comments:

Lau W said...

Wow ! this card is fantastic, so lovely design, and your colouring is fabulous !
xxx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Oh this card is so beautiful. Looove the colours. It sets me in such a spring-mood. Love the design and layout. Hugs...Mona

Becky said...

This is beautiful Rose!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe crafts!

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Rose,
Beautiful color scheme and card. This image is truly stunning and I love your background work. Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious' "Anything Goes" Challenge.

Hugz,
Sandy

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

wow, this is amazing. it's so pretty,such beautiful colours and pearls and your colouring is fantastic. Absolutly beautiful. ;)) thanks for joining Sundays with Crissy.

Hugs, Rosalien

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card thanks for joining us this time at Paper Sundaes.

hugs
jayne
x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Sorry Rose I am doing a huge catch up this week but so glad I did because this card is STUNNING! Absolutely amazing what a beautiful image :)

Purple Crazy said...

Great card such lovely colours, thanks for sharing at OLLCB, Wendy x