Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Elisabeth Bell's Frosty the Snowman

These sweet children are enjoying the latest snowfall while they build their very own snowman.  This incredibly cute digital image, designed by Elisabeth Bell, is named Frosty the Snowman.  You can find it at Elisabeth Bell's Digital Gallery here

This photo shows my Copic-filled version of this image.  I've added a bit of Marvy's white Liquid Applique to fluff up the little girl's hat and coat sleeves.






I've used my card scraps to make handmade Paper Whites (Christmas Flowers) to coordinate with my project.  I've painted the petals and leaves lightly with Diamond Stickles and added a drop of Yellow Stickles to each flower's center.






I've layered TPC Studio's Winter Whites Let it Snow and Winter Wonderland patterned paper with Bazzill cardstock. I'm thrilled to have found this magnificent icicle die by Marianne Design Creatables! I've been waiting for someone to come out with an easy way to make icicles!!! Jo-Ann's silver sparkly holiday ribbon provides a nice shiny bow in one corner. The Darice Charming Embellishments "Let It Snow Charms" have finally come to good use (I've had them for about 7 years!) - LOL!!! A Letterpress Cookie Cutter Snowman Kit provided me with the perfect hat to die cut from black sugar paper for amazing magical sparkle. My simple sentiment has also finally been put to good use as I've had my Stamping Sensations "Perfectly Said" stamp set for a very long time.

Here's the completed card front showing my version of Elisabeth Bell's digital image named Frosty the Snowman:





You can find more inspiration using Elisabeth Bell's digital images at the Digi Bells Design Team blog here.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland "Frosty the Snowman" (here)
One Stitch at a Time "Use Your Favorites" (here) - new icicle die cut - YAY!!!
Sparkle Creations Christmas Challenge "Use an Old Neglected Stamp" (here)
Papertake Weekly "Cute, Cute, Cute" (here)
Creative Craft "Anything Goes" (here)
Oldie but Goodie "Die Cuts and Punches" (here)
Truly Scrumptious "Anything Goes" (here)
A&T Digital Designs/Emerald Faerie Garden "Anything Goes" (here)
Delicious Doodles "Try Something New" (here)
Crafty Emma's Store "Anything Goes" (here)

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair, stool, snowman clogs, mouse - E31, E35, E47
snow - BG000, 0, C1, C3
carrots - YR12, YR15, YR18, YG11, YG13, YG17
coat, hat, mittens - YR61, YR65, YR68
airbrushed background - B000, Y11, B21, C1

I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

15 comments:

Janice said...

Great card - so love the hat and your positioning of it, brilliant, Jx

Hazel said...

A beautiful Christmas card and that icicle die is brilliant! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Jayne A said...

Wow lovely card and stunning colouring.
Hugs
Jayne
x

Pami said...

Beautiful card Rose! Great colouring, love the background. The image is so sweet! Pami x

xxxtglxxx said...

I love these cute digis Rose! :)

Gorgeous card, and wonderful details too hun your colouring is awesome!

hugs

xxalisonxx

CG said...

Stunning! Love the colors and all the embellishments. Thank you for joining us at One Stitch at Time this week. Great icicle die, I want that LOL! Best, CG

RiNNE said...

Such a gorgeous and stunning card, not only the coloring but the design as well! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at CCC this week!

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous card and super interpretation of our Frosty the Snowman Challenge, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous card hun and such brilliant Copic work, love the snowman - thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Sxx

sara said...

beautiful card love the image thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
hugs sara x x

NancyD said...

Great winter card. Love the flowers. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

Mynn xx said...

Oh my gosh, this is AMAZING!!! LOVE the hat down by your sentiment, and the icicles are fabulous! GORGEOUS! :)

Margo said...

Wonderful details !

Thanks for joining in @ Christmas Card challenges!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

A cute card for Christmas. Thanks for sharing this with us at Delicious Doodles' "try something new" challenge

Teri said...

Beautiful card hun. Thanks for playing in the Delicious Doodles Challenge this time, good luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Teri x