Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Card Art with Copics: Elisabeth Bell's Laura's Yummy Pudding

This sweet little lady is about to introduce her own homemade version of her favorite dessert.  This image, designed by Elisabeth Bell for Elphine House Australia, is named Laura's Yummy Pudding.  You can find her at the Elphine House Australia online shop here

Here's my Copic-filled version:




I've used the beyond-the-edge technique to die cut the image with a Spellbinders Oval.  A Spellbinders Big Scalloped Oval makes a nice shaped frame.  I tried to preserve the little mousie tail but at the last possible second, the fragile tail fell off.  Luckily I have a spool of 20 gauge black cotton thread so I added a realistic-looking mouse tail in its place.

I've used my card scraps to make handmade daisies to coordinate with my project . . .





A patterned paper from Bo Bunny's Gabrielle Collection 6x6 pad is layered with some Bazzill cardstock.  I've used my Purple Cow deckle edge blade to give my edges a distressed, torn paper look.  An EK Success Paper Shapers Whale of a Punch corner was also deckled.  A few Creative Impressions white mini brads decorate one of the corners.  A single Spellbinders Floral Flourish adds a little movement to my card.  Here's the completed card front showing my version of Elphine House Australia's Laura's Yummy Pudding image by Elisabeth Bell:




You can find more inspiration using Elisabeth Bell's digital images at the Digi Bells Design Team blog here.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday "Sketch by Susie" (here)
Elphine House Australia "Everything Is Coming Up Daisies" (here)
Belles 'n Whistles "Spring is in the Air" (here)
Simon Says Stamp! "Sweet Tooth" (here)
Wags 'n Whiskers "Distressing" (here)
Craft Your Passion "Torn or Distressed Edges" (here)
A&T Digital Designs/Emerald Faerie Garden "Anything Goes" (here)

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93
hair, bear - E31, E35, E47, E93
shirt - R11, R14, R17
apron, dishes - W3, W1, W00
pants - BG11, BG23, BG49
backpack - B91, B95, B97
mouse - E31, E33, E35, E93
airbrushed background - E44, BG10

I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely sweet card.
Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
LG Michelle

Susie Little said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for playing along with my sketch at Sketch Saturday! Good Luck xx

Melissa said...

Gorgeous Card.
Love it
Thanks for joining in at the Emerald Faerie
Hugs
Melissa

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Rose this is just so pretty. I absolutely love how you have separated up those papers and added the nice edging. Colouring as always is just so perfect and those flowers are gorgeous! :D

tiggertastic said...

this card is perfect in every way. so pleased i stopped by your blog


Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K
GUEST DESIGNER FOR SKETCH SATURDAY DURING MAY 2012.

Lynda Nielsen said...

awwww Rose, this is absolutely adorable... Your colors are fab, as is your layout. Such pretty details.
Thanks so much for joining us at Elphine House Australia.
Hugs,
Lynda

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card!! Love that sweet image!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa